Instructional & Technology Support (I&TS)
Instructional Support Specialist
Instructional Server Specialist
The Instructional & Technology Support (I&TS) team is an inter-departmental team, staffed with members from both Informational Technology and the Office of Online Programs. I&TS supports the Millersville University community with the integration of appropriate technology into teaching and learning. A large portion of that role is providing support for the University's online learning management system: the D2L Brightspace Learning Environment. Additionally the team supports a growing number of instructional technologies adopted by the University including:
- classroom equipment
- iClicker student response system
- MU Video, a media sharing system
- Zoom, a cloud based collaboration and meeting tool
I&TS strives to promote the intentional use of instructional technologies to align with active learning strategies while also meeting the instructional needs of campus members. The team works directly with faculty and staff and creates materials to support student use of the instructional technology systems adopted by our campus. Members of the I&TS team provide most training at point of need in 1:1, face-to-face sessions, but also lead department or cohort training upon request. Support may be provided on campus or using Zoom online meeting tool.
Support services Include
- Training and technical support for instructional technologies adopted by the University.
- Provision of instructional support materials for reference from the Millersville University wiki site.
- Partnering with faculty to design or redesign courses for technology enhanced, blended, or online delivery.
- Collaboration with academic departments and programs to support the growth of online courses and programs.
- Assisting faculty with adoption of technology alternatives to replace or augment traditional instruction and assessment methods.
- Consulting on technological solutions to meet the instructional objectives of campus members.
Please contact the Millersville IT help desk at (717) 871-7777 with all requests for team support and training. This allows the I&TS team to work with other IT teams and campus offices to address faculty and student needs in the most efficient and effective manner.
The members of the Millersville Instructional & Technology Support team have offices located at 145, 148,149 and 150 of Lyle Hall. However, beginning Fall 2021 team members will each work blended schedules, working remotely on some days and being present on campus for others.