Adding a User to a Blog
Log in to your account at https://blogs.millersville.edu.
- Go to My Sites -> Site name you want to add the user to -> Dashboard.
- Go to Users -> Add New.
On the 'Add Existing User' page that this will take you to, enter the email address of the user that you want to add permissions for.
The user must have a blogs account prior to adding permissions. If the user you want to add has never logged into the blogs before, please have them log in to the MU Blogs using the username and password he or she uses for myVILLE before adding them to your site. This will automatically create their account.
- Select the Role that you want them to have. Roles available include:
- Administrator – somebody who has access to all the administration features within a single site.
- Editor – somebody who can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
- Author – somebody who can publish and manage their own posts.
- Contributor – somebody who can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Subscriber – somebody who can only manage their profile.
- Click on Add Existing User to add them to your site.
- The user will receive an email asking them to confirm the invitation to join. Once they click the link in the confirmation e-mail, they will be added with the role you selected to the blog site.