Test Scoring Services are offered at the Technical Assistance Center (TAC), x7666, located on the first floor of Boyer Hall. Services are rendered during Fall and Spring Semesters between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Friday; Winter and Summer Sessions between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The professor must deliver the test materials to the Help Desk. Test materials must be signed-in by the professor, and signed-out at pick-up.
Tests are accepted, and results are released to professors only. Student representatives must have written authorization from the professor before service is granted. (Exception: Student teachers.)
Barring mechanical failure, the test scoring process will be completed within one hour of drop-off. In most cases, tests are scored immediately, and the results are ready within 10 minutes. Faculty are welcome to wait in the comfort of the first floor waiting area.
- Use the appropriate answer sheet/form -- 100 if 100 or less questions, 200 if more than 100 questions.
- Use No. 2 pencil and color in the entire bubble.
- The Professor creates an Answer Key, including:
- The Professor's name.
- 999999999 in the Social Security Number area.
- The correct answers.
- The Student creates an answer sheet, including:
- The Student's name.
- Student Number in the Social Security Number area.
NOTE: If you have the student use their Student Number, which is now their "M" number, have them use the last 8 digits of the "M" number only.
- Answers to questions.
- If needed, the Professor may include a "weight sheet" with the answer key. The weight sheet includes:
- 555555555 in the Social Security Number area.
- Eliminate question(s) by coloring the 'A' bubble.
- Add value to a specific question(s) (B=2 points, C=3 points, D=4 points).
- Grant credit for a question(s) by coloring the 'E' bubble.
The results are available in three versions.
Short Version - This analysis is a simple one-page list of results.
Medium Version - This analysis is the one-page list of results, and:
- An item analysis of the questions and the KR-20 value.
- A most-missed item report, which ranks questions from most to least missed.
- A grade distribution frequency chart.
- A high to low score chart.
Long Version - This analysis includes all of the reports of the Medium Version and a handout for each individual student. Along with their score and some general statistics about the exam, this student handout includes a list of their responses to each question and the correct answer.