This document assumes you are already logged into Listserv's web interface. See Logging in.
Send a test message
Listserv now allows you to send yourself a test message so that you can verify that your message content is displayed as you wish. This feature is only available using the web interface.
- Click on "List Management" in the Navigation bar.
- Click on "List Dashboard".
- Click the name of the list you wish to email. If you own many lists, you can enter part of the list name in the "Show Lists" box and then press the "Search" button to narrow the displayed lists down first.
- On the right side of the page, click on "Post New Message" in the "Options" panel.
- Fill in the "Subject" and "Message" sections.
- In the "Tests" section, select "Send Test to Self".
- Click the "Show Tests" button.
- Click the "Send Message" button.
- Listserv will return the following message confirming that your test message has been sent.
A test message has been mailed to you at <EMAILADDRESS>. Look for it in your email inbox and click the "Send" button once you have confirmed that the test message is acceptable.
- Once you've verified that you're happy with the way the message looks, return to the Listserv webpage and press "Send Message" to send the message to the entire list.