Listserv offers many ways to customize your individual Listserv experience. For most users, the default options will be sufficient. Below are some options you may wish to adjust to your own preference.
- You can change your Mode and other preferences at any time by clicking on "Preferences" in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Clicking on the green question mark icon next to a Preference option will open a new window with help for that option.
- Clicking on the green question mark icon in the upper right corner will open a new window or tab and provide general help for the page you are currently viewing.
Basic, Expert, and Tutorial Modes
Listserv allows you to choose between three different modes, depending on your skill level.
- Basic (default): This option provides the most common options and will be sufficient for most users.
- Expect: Those who are very familiar with Listserv who need to access advanced options can select this mode.
- Tutorial: This is a good option for beginners or anyone who wishes to have additional helpful text provided for a page's options.
You can choose to start on the page that you access most frequently.
- List Dashboard: List owners in general may prefer to start here.
- List Moderation: List owners to have moderated lists may prefer to start here.
- Subscriber's Corner: Users who don't own lists but are subscribed to several may prefer to start here.
- LISTSERV Archives (default): Millersville has a large number of lists, many of which have archives that are not public or are unlisted. The archives page will allow you to browse public list archives or search for an unlisted list.
Login Cookie Expiration
This option determines how long your account remains logged into Listserv while inactive before you are required to log in again. Changing this setting takes effect on your next login to Listserv.
Users who login frequently on a shared computer should change this option from the default setting of "No Expiration" or always remember to log out of Listserv when finished.