How do I record a PowerPoint presentation for MU Video using Zoom?
I. Host a Zoom Meeting
- Use your personal meeting room.
- Join a scheduled meeting.
II. Record Your Meeting
- Click the Record button.
- Choose either:
- Record on this Computer
- Record to the Cloud
- (optional) If you want to stop recording temporarily, click the Pause Recording button.
- When you have finished your meeting, or at least the portion you wish to record, click the Stop Recording button.
Breakout rooms will not be recorded automatically. If you use breakout rooms, and you wish to record the discussion and activities within them, you will need to have one person in each breakout room record that room.
III. Share Your Presentation
- Open your presentation in PowerPoint if you have not done so already.
- Click the Share button in Zoom.
- In the sharing window that opens click Microsoft PowerPoint to select it.
- If your presentation includes narration, sound, or video:
- Check the Share computer sound box.
- If your computer prompts you to install the Zoom audio device, do so.
- Click the Share button.
- In PowerPoint:
- Switch to Slide Show mode.
- Give your presentation.
- When done, click Zoom's Stop Share button.
IV. Get Your Recording
- If you recorded to the cloud:
- Wait for Zoom to complete the processing of your recording. Zoom will email you when your recording is ready.
- Using a web browser, log in to Zoom using the Manage link.
- In the left column, click Recordings.
- In your list of cloud recordings, locate the recording of your presentation.
- Click the More button for that recording.
- In the menu that opens, click Download.
- Save your recording to a location where you will be able to locate it again.
- If you recorded to your computer:
- Continue on to the next step.
IV. Upload Your Video to MU Video
- Locate your recording .MP4 file on your computer.
- Upload the recording to MU Video. See: MU Video - Quick Guide - Upload