MU Video Quick Guide: "My Media" in D2L for Students
Users can access their MU Video Media directly from inside D2L courses. There are three unique ways that students may need to use My Media in D2L courses; Adding Media to your own My Media, Embedding Media from My Media to a Discussion in a course and/or adding Media to a Course Media Gallery.
Access and Add Media to MU Video while logged into a D2L course
- Choose from the Resource Menu in the black nav bar.
- Click Continue when asked if you would like to proceed.
- A new My Media window will open, displaying your previously added media, the Add New menu, and the Actions menu.
- See the following MU Video Quick Guides for help adding media using the Add New menu:
Embed Media from MU Video into a Discussion Post using Insert Stuff
Depending on the size of the media you have created or uploaded it will take some time for the media to be available.
If you do not immediately see the media it could still be processing - check back later to see if it available.
Add Media to the Course Media Gallery (on the course Homepage)
- Instructors may or may not add the Course Media widget to the homepage of individual courses. Instructors may use the Course Media Widget for different purposes.
Verify with your instructor if you are or are not expected to add Media to the course Media Gallery.
- Find the Course Media Widget on your Course Homepage.
- Click +Add Media
- Locate and check off the media you wish to add to the Course Gallery.
- Once published, previous Private or Unlisted access limitations will be removed. Access to your media will now be determined by the Category, Channel or Course Gallery to which it is published.
NOTE: When viewing media in the Course Media Gallery, you will need to refresh your browser after viewing each piece of media to return to the full Gallery view. to add to Course Gallery.