MU Video Quick Guide: Captions
- Go to the Media for which you want to order captions.
- Select “+ Order Captions” from the Actions menu.
- Click Order Captions button.
- Caption orders will be processed automatically and returned when complete. Processing will take approximately five times the length of the media being captioned.
Viewing the Status of Caption Requests
After submitting a caption order, you can view the status of the request.
- Go to the Media for which you ordered captions.
- From the Actions menu, select "+ Caption Requests". The resulting table will display one row for each of the recording's caption requests.
Please note: You MUST return to your caption order to edit and approve the order. Initial captions will not be 100% accurate to what is actually being spoken in the media.
- Return to the Media for which you want to edit captions.
- From the Actions menu, select “+ Caption Requests”.
- In the list of caption requests, locate the one for the caption set you wish to edit.
- In the Status column for that caption request, click the "Edit" button.
- In the Customer Edit tab or window that opens:
- In the left-hand column, click the caption you wish to edit.
- Make edits to that caption in the text field in the center of the page.
- Click the "Save" button at the bottom.
- When you are finished making edits, click the "Approve" button at the bottom.
- Confirm Approve job on the window that appears.
- Close the Customer Edit tab or window.
- Refresh your browser to play your video with your edited captions.
Viewers can turn CC on or off in the menu options located just inside the base of the video frame