i›clicker Quick Guide: Setting your Default Browser - Windows 7
Before running the i>clicker program, it is important to establish which internet browser you is your system's default.
What is a "Default Browser"?
- Default: A preselected option. Which program automatically opens a file type.
- Browser: Any program that you use to browse the web - FireFox, Chrome, Internet Explorer.
- Default Browser: The internet browser on your computer set to automatically open websites.
How to Set your Default Browser:
1. Click the start menu in the bottom left corner of your screen - this will open your start menu, on the right-hand column of the menu, select "Default Programs", seen here in the orange square
2. Once you have clicked "Default Programs", your screen should look similar to below.
3. From here, select "Set your default programs", seen here in the orange square.
4. Your screen should look as follows - the first few icons on the left are likely to be the internet browsers installed on your computer, if you do not see the browser you use, scroll down the list until you find the browser you prefer
5. Click on the internet browser you want to be your default, for this example, I will be making Google Chrome my default browser - your screen should now look like this
6. After clicking the internet browser you wish to make your default, select "Set this program as default" on the right column, shown here in the orange box
You have now set your default browser