i›clicker Quick Guide: Connecting REEF with D2L
Connecting your REEF class with your D2L class allows you to pull rosters from D2L and to push REEF grades into the D2L gradebook.
You will need to repeat the steps on this page for each REEF class you would like to connect to a D2L class.
Getting REEF Polling's URL for Your Course
Open the REEF Polling application.
Select the class you wish to connect to D2L, then click the "Edit" button located at the upper right of the REEF window, shown here in the orange box.
This will bring up the course settings. Select the "LMS Sync" tab, shown here in the orange box.
In the "LMS Sync" tab, click the "Copy Link" button, shown here in the orange box.
Creating the External Learning Tool Link
- Click on "⚙" in the navigation bar.
- Click the "External Learning Tools" link.
- Click the "New Link" button.
- On the New Link page:
- In the Title field, type: REEF Polling
- In the URL field, paste or accurately type REEF Polling's URL for your course.
- (optional) Type explanatory text into the Description box.
- Make sure "Allow users to view this link" is checked.
- Make sure "Sign messages with key/secret with" is checked.
- Make sure "Tool consumer key/secret" is selected.
- Make sure "Use tool provider security settings" is selected.
- Make sure "Make link available to: Current Org Unit: <your course name>" is checked.
- Click the "Save and Close" button.
Placing the External Learning Tool Link in the Course
You can place where you like in your D2L course the REEF Polling link you just created.
Using the HTML Editor
- Click the Insert QuickLink ( ) button.
- Click External Learning Tools.
- Click InfoSec Lab.
Or, to adjust the text or the target (whole window, same frame, new window) of the link you're creating, click the Options ( ) button for REEF Polling.
As a Content Item
These instructions assume you are in content.
- Click the "Existing Activities " button.
- From the menu that opens, select "External Learning Tools".
- Click REEF Polling.
The first time you synchronize your student scores, D2L will automatically add a grade item to grades. By default the grade item will be worth 100 points, but you may edit it to change its point value.