How do I view the feedback left for an assignments submission?
D2L allows instructors to leave two different kinds of feedback on assignments submissions: text feedback and GradeMark markup written directly on the submitted document. Your instructor may choose to use either or both of these types of feedback.
- Click on Assessment in the navigation bar.
- Select Assignments from the menu that opens.
- On the Assignments page, locate, but do not click, the name of the folder for which you wish to read your submission feedback.
- In the Feedback column for that row, follow the View Feedback link.
- Your instructor may have left feedback in several ways:
- Text Feedback: If your instructor left any text feedback, it will appear near the top of the page under the Submission Feedback heading.
- Annotations: If your instructor annotated your submission, it will be listed as a downloadable file under the Attached Files heading.
- Turnitin Feedback Studio Markup: If your instructor left any Feedback Studio markup, you can view it by clicking the "
No " " button? Please see below for an alternate method of accessing Feedback Studio markup. " (View GradeMark) button.
Another Way of Viewing Feedback Studio Markup
The most direct route to Turnitin Feedback Studio markup is through the "" (View GradeMark) button described above. However, depending upon how your instructor uses Feedback Studio, the " " button may not appear. When the button does not appear, please use this alternate method of accessing Feedback Studio markup:
- Click on "Assessment" in the navigation bar.
- Select "Assignments" from the menu that opens.
- On the Assignments Folders page, locate, but do not click, the name of the folder for which you wish to read your assignments submission feedback.
- Near the right end of that folder's row, click the "View" button ( or ).
- Under "Turnitin® Similarity" click the colored block that displays to the right of the percentage score.
- Within Turnitin Feedback Studio:
- Click the " " (Layers) button.
- Check the box for "Grading" to display the grading layer.
- (optional) Uncheck the box for "Similarity" to hide the similarity layer.
- (optional) Click the "×" (Hide side panel) button to re-hide the side panel.