How do I use the controls for viewing a topic?
The list below shows and describes the controls you may find on a topic page. The type of document included in a topic page, as well as the settings applied to the topic, will determine which of the controls listed below will appear on that particular page.
- Document viewer: Displays the primary document for the topic.
- Document description: This region below the document viewer may contain additional information or resources related to the topic.
- Dates: This region displays dates related to the topic, if any.
- Due: The date and time by which the topic must be read.
- Start: The date and time at which the topic became available for viewing.
- End: The date and item at which the topic will stop being available for viewing.
- Next Page: Advances to the next page of a multi-page document.
- Previous Page: Returns to the previous page of a multi-page document.
- Zoom In: Enlarge the display of the document.
- Zoom Out: Shrink the display of the document.
- Fit to Width: Reset to the default zoom for the document, fitting the full width of the document within the document viewer.
- Toggle Fullscreen: Expand the document viewer to fill the entire browser window. Use Toggle Fullscreen a second time to return to normal view of the document.
- View content in new window: Opens the current topic in a new window. If you have configured your web browser to open new windows as new tabs, this button will open the current topic in a new tab instead.
View as Text / View as Page:
- View as Text: Switches display of the document within the document view to a text-only version. In this text-only mode, graphics are not shown, and the formatting of the document is simplified.
- View as Page: Returns display of the document within the document viewer to the default view, showing any graphics within the document.
- View this topic: Check the box to mark the current topic as read. Some topics do not have this check box and instead are automatically marked as read when opened.
Add Bookmark / Remove Bookmark:
- Add Bookmark: Bookmark the current topic making it easier to return to it later.
- Remove Bookmark: Clear a previously set bookmark.
- or Download: Save the current topic to your computer.
- Binder. Send to Binder: Make the current topic available for offline viewing in
- Submit Feedback: Leave comments for the course instructor regarding the current topic.
- Next: Navigate to the next topic in content.
- Previous: Navigate to the previous topic in content.
- Breadcrumb trail: Shows the position of the current topic within modules and sub-modules. Clicking the name of a module or sub-module within the breadcrumb trail will jump you to that location.
- Table of Contents panel: Expand a side panel that displays the table of contents.