How can I use D2L grades in conjunction with Excel?
D2L's grades tool is strict about the structure and format of the data it will accept for re-import. In order round trip data from D2L to Excel and back please pay careful attention to the procedure below.
- Within all the D2L grades tool, create all your grade items, even those you'll be filling in using Excel.
- Export grades from D2L. In this export, do not include any calculated items.
- Open the exported grades in Excel.
- Use Excel to fill in grade values.
- Do not add any columns or rows.
- Do not sort or re-order the columns or rows.
- Save the file from Excel to a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file.
- Return to grades in D2L and import the CSV file.
- Do not select the check box for additional fields.
- Follow the prompts through the import process.