I've created a presentation using Prezi, but assignments wants me to upload a file. What can I do?
First, double-check the instructions for your assignment. Course instructors know Prezi doesn't fit with assignments' need for a file upload, so most course instructors provide details on how they'd like students to submit Prezi presentations.
If you've double-checked your course, and you still cannot find information on how you should submit your Prezi, ask your course instructor.
Common Methods of Submitting Prezi Presentations to Assignments
Embedding the Prezi and Uploading a Dummy File
I. Preparing a Dummy File
Use Microsoft Word, LibreOffice, another word processor, or text editor to create and save an empty document. Or, optionally, include in your document information such as:
- a link to your online assignment
- text explaining that you've placed a link to, or an embed of, your assignment in the comments box
II. Getting the Prezi Embed Code
- Go to your presentation on Prezi.
- If you're in the editing mode for your Prezi, exit the editor.
- Click the "Embed" button under your Prezi presentation.
- In the "Embed Prezi" window that opens:
- (optional) Adjust the width and height values for your embedded Prezi. In most cases though, the defaults are fine.
- (optional) Click the bubble for "Constrain to simple back and forward steps". In most cases though, the default, "Let viewers pan & zoom freely", is better.
- Click the "Copy code to clipboard" button.
III. Embedding the Prezi
- Click on "Assessment" in the navigation bar.
- Select "Assignments" from the menu that opens.
- In the list of assignments folders, locate the name of the folder to which you wish to submit your Prezi.
- Click the name of the assignments folder.
- On the Submit Files page:
- Scroll down to the Comments box.
- Click the Insert Stuff ( ) button.
- In the Insert Stuff window that opens:
- In the left-hand column, click Enter Embed Code.
- Into the Embed Code box, paste your Prezi embed code.
- Click the "Next" button.
- Click the "Insert" button.
IV. Uploading the Dummy File
See the "Your computer" section of: Submitting assignments
Linking to the Prezi and Uploading a Dummy File