How do I remove a student from a course?
In all D2L courses requested through MAX, student adds and drops automatically carry through from Banner to D2L. For these D2L courses, there is no need to manually remove students who have dropped. Automatically, once a day, Banner will direct D2L to unenroll students who have dropped.
However, some courses, such as collaboration courses and organizations, are not requested through MAX. In such courses, adds and drops are not automatic. In this case, it is necessary to manually remove students who have dropped.
To manually remove a student from a D2L course:
- Click on "Communication" in the navigation bar.
- Select "Classlist" from the menu that opens.
- If number of students in the course is large enough for the class list to be split across multiple pages, switch to the page showing the student you want to remove.
- Check the box at the left end of the student's row.
- In the toolbar at the top of the class list, click the " Unenroll" button.
- In the confirmation window that appears, click the "Yes" button.