How do I record video feedback for my students' assignments?
On the assignments submission feedback page, you can use the Record Video button to quickly record your feedback regarding a student paper, but your students may struggle to access the recordings you create this way. This video recording option, called Video Note, saves your video feedback as files your students must download to, locate on, and open on their own computers.
Recording your video feedback using MU Video will require from you more clicks during the recording process, but your students will have no trouble listening to the feedback you record.
Using MU Video
- Go to the feedback page for the assignment submission for which you wish to record video.
- Locate the Feedback text box.
- In the Feedback text box, click the Insert Stuff button.
- In the Insert Stuff window that opens:
- Choose My Media (MU Video).
- Click the + Add New button.
- Choose Express Capture.
- Click the gear icon in the upper right corner of your webcam preview.
- Choose Camera.
- Click the gear icon to close the settings menu.
- Click the big, red, circular record button.
- Speak your feedback.
- Click the square stop button next to the recording timer.
- Click the Use This button.
- Click the </> Save and Embed button.
- Click the Insert button.