While building or editing a PowerPoint presentation, what can I do to make the presentation work well in Collaborate?
These instructions assume you are using Collaborate and not Collaborate Ultra.
Not sure which Collaborate you are using? Check out our comparison page.
Keeping PowerPoint presentations small and simple will help them to work well in Collaborate. To that end, when building your presentations, or editing them for use in Collaborate, please keep the following rules in mind:
- Use the slide templates that come with PowerPoint. Avoid creating or using custom templates.
- Use simple, solid color backgrounds for your slides. Avoid using gradients or pictures for slide backgrounds.
- Avoid using large images on your slides.
- Do not use animations within slides or as transitions between slides. Animations won't appear in your converted presentation.
- Do not include any videos in your presentation. Videos won't appear in your converted presentation.
- Do not build interactive features into your slides. Interactivity won't work in your converted presentation.
- Restrict the length of your presentation to fewer than 60 slides.
- Reduce the DPI setting of your presentation to 96 DPI.
- Keep the total file size of your presentation below 40 MB.