How do I create a new Collaborate Session?
Note - you can do not have to specifically create a session in order to use Collaborate Ultra. You are automatically provisioned with a room called "Course Room" that can be used.
- Access Collaborate.
- Click on the "+" button in the upper right hand side of the screen
- In the Name field, type a name for your session.
- Do not include any special characters (&%$#) in the name field
- Set the start date and time to when the room should first be available to participants. The start date and time must be in the future
- Set the end date and time to when the room should close to participants. The end date and time must be:
- Further into the future than the start date and time
- You can also set the session to never close by clicking on "No End"
- (optional)You can also create a number of sessions at once having them repeat.
- Set the early entry time
- Early entry can be set to 15 minutes to 60 minutes
- Early entry can also be completely disabled
- Type in a description for the room
- Allow or disallow "Guest Access"
- By allowing Guest Access you can allow attendees to join via the "Guest Link" which allows users to access the session directly instead of going through D2L
- Set the Guest Role - users that use the "Guest Link" can be granted the following privilege levels:
- Least amount of control
- Manage raised hands,
- Share content
- Navigate slides
- Presenters CANNOT record a session, they must be given moderator privileges.
- Full privileges
- Set Session Settings (Optional)
Allow recording downloads from the Recordings page as well as on the recording play back page.
Show the profile pictures of moderators only.
Allow participants to use audio, video, chat, and the whiteboard editing tools.
Allow users to join the session using a telephone for their audio.
Click the Save button.
Collaborate Ultra session are limited to 100 attendees.