How do I change a course's start and end dates?
By default, each D2L course automatically:
- opens to students at 12 a.m. on the official start date for the course as recorded in Banner
- closes to students at 11:59 p.m. one week after the course's official Banner end date
The extra week at the end of the term allows students time to access to their final grades.
Should it be necessary to provide students with early access to a course, provide students with further extended access beyond the scheduled end of a course, or otherwise override a course's normal start and end dates, D2L offers an option to do so.
To change the start and end dates of a D2L course:
- Click on "⚙" in the navigation bar.
- Click the "Course Offering Information" link.
- Adjust the Start Date and End Date as necessary.
- Click the "Save" button.