How do I attach a rubric to grade item to evaluate student work?
Rubrics may be attached to numeric type grade items, however if the rubric is used to assess a discussion or assignment located within the course, it should be attached to that activity and NOT the grade item for that activity. You cannot associate an activity to any grade item to which a rubric has already been attached.
These directions assume you have already created either an analytic or a holistic type rubric.
Note: if the rubric is being used to evaluate a discussion or assignment located in the course, attach the rubric to that existing discussion or assignment.
Attach a Rubric to a Grade Item
- Click "Assessment"in the navigation bar.
- Select "Grades" from the menu that opens.
- Click to "Manage Grades"
- Locate the grade item to which you would like to add a rubric. Click the down arrow ( ) button next to the grade item name.
- Select "Edit" from the menu that opens.
- Click the "Add Rubric" button.
- Fill in the checkbox to the left of the appropriate rubric(s)
- Click "Add Selected" button.
- Click "Save and Close" button.