The in-line file viewer in assignments shows only the first page, or first few pages, of some longer submissions students have made. Why?
A bug in the in-line file viewer prevents it from displaying pages of some Word documents. D2L, Inc. are aware of this problem and plan to fix it in a future version of D2L.
Symptoms of the problem:
- The in-line file viewer shows only the first page, or first few pages, of a longer Word document.
- The page indicator at the bottom of the in-line file viewer, the one that shows the current page and total number of pages in the document, incorrectly reports the total number of pages in the document. The in-line file viewer erroneously reports the total number pages in the document as the number of pages the viewer can display, not the true, full number of pages in the document.
- The scroll bar in the in-line file viewer cannot be used to see the full document.
- The "Next Page" button at the bottom of the in-line file viewer cannot be used to see the full document.
To see the full document, do one of the following:
- If you are using Turnitin GradeMark with the assignments folder, click "Markup Document" to open the document within GradeMark. GradeMark will show the full document (subject to GradeMark's file size limitations).
- Click the "Download" button to download and save the document to your computer. Then open the document in Word.
- Click the "View as Text" button to see the full text, but only the text, of the entire document.