How do I fill out a rubric that is attached to a grade item for students to see their individual feedback?
Rubrics may be attached to numeric type grade items, however if the rubric is used to assess a discussion or assignment located within the course, it should be attached to that activity and NOT the grade item for that activity. You cannot associate an activity to any grade item to which a rubric has already been attached.
These instructions assume that you have already attached a rubric to the grade item for which you want to leave feedback.
Locate and leave feedback on a rubric attached to a grade item for assessment.
- Click "Assessment"in the navigation bar.
- Select "Grades" from the menu that opens.
- Click to "Enter Grades"
- Locate the grade item (column) to which you would like to evaluate using an attached rubric. Click the down arrow ( ) button next to the grade item name.
- Select "Enter Grades" from the menu that opens.
- Click the rubric icon in the Assessment column for the student you wish to evaluate. The rubric will display in a pop up window.
- Select the appropriate level for each criteria on the rubric by clicking directly on the rubric.
- (optional) click "Add Feedback" in blue text to leave specific feedback for any criteria row.
- (optional) if using a points or custom points rubric click directly on the score/possible score value to edit that value.
- When you have completed evaluation using the rubric, click the "Publish" button. Note that D2L will automatically transfer the overall score value from the rubric to the grade field for the grade item.
- Click "Save and Close" button when finished evaluating the grade item.