How do I add a student to a course?
In all D2L courses offerings created automatically by Banner, student adds and drops automatically carry through from Banner to D2L almost instantaneously. For these courses, there is no need to manually add students who have officially registered.
However, in special, "non-CRN" courses that aren't created by Banner, Banner cannot perform enrollments and unenrollments for you. Also, in some cases it is useful to add to a Banner-created D2L course a student who is not officially registered for that course. In situations like these, you will need to manually enroll students into your course.
To manually enroll a student into a D2L course:
- Click on Communication in the navigation bar.
- Select Classlist from the menu that opens.
- On the Classlist page that opens, click the Add Participants button.
- Select Add existing users from the menu that opens.
- In the Search for box, enter the first and last names of the student you wish to add.
- Click the search button (magnifying glass icon).
- In the search results that appear, locate, and check the box next to, the student you wish to add.
- In the Select a Role drop down, choose Student.
- In the Select a Section drop down, choose the section into which you wish to enroll the student.
- Click the Enroll Selected Users button.
You will not be able to push final grades from D2L to Banner for any student you have enrolled manually.
See also: Adding instructors