How do I add a student to a course?
In all D2L courses created via MAX, student adds and drops automatically carry through from Banner to D2L. For those courses, there is no need to manually add students who have officially registered.
However, some courses, such as collaboration courses and organizations, are not created via MAX. Such courses are not automatically populated with students. Also, in some cases it is useful to pull into a D2L course a student who is not registered for that course. In situations such as these, it is necessary to manually add students to a course.
To manually add a student to a D2L course:
- Click on "Communication" in the navigation bar.
- Select "Classlist" from the menu that opens.
- On the Classlist page that opens, click the "Add Participants" button.
- Select "Add existing users" from the menu that opens.
- In the "Search for" box, enter the first and last names of the student you wish to add.
- Click the "magnifying glass" search button.
- In the search results that appear, locate, and check the box next to, the student you wish to add.
- In the "-- Select a Role --" drop down, choose "Student".
- In the "-- Select a Section --" drop down, choose the section into which you wish to enroll the student.
- Click the "Enroll Selected Users" button.