How do I add an ATLAS case as a content topic?
I. Create the topic
- Click Resource in the navigation bar.
- Select Content from the menu that opens.
- Locate and open the module in which you wish to add the ATLAS case.
- Click the Existing Activities button.
- Select External Learning Tools from the menu that opens.
- Select ATLAS Case Library from the list of available external learning tools.
If ATLAS Case Library is not available as an external learning tool in your course, your course isn't in the list of ATLAS-approved courses. Contact the IT Help Desk to request for ATLAS access for your course.
II. Associate the appropriate case
- Click the ATLAS Case Library topic you created above.
- If ATLAS prompts you to log in:
- Into the password box type the password for your ATLAS account. Your ATLAS account is not linked with your Millersville account, so its password may be different.
- Click the Link account button.
- In the left column, click the name of the case group that is appropriate to your course.
- In the right column locate the particular case you wish to link.
- For that case, click Attach LTI Link.
- In the box near the top of the page, adjust the title to match the case you selected.
III. Repeat as necessary
Each ATLAS link you create points to one, specific ATLAS case. Therefore, you will need to repeat the steps above for each ATLAS case you wish to make available within your D2L course.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I link to an entire ATLAS case group so my students have access every case in the group?
Sorry, but no. With their ATLAS integration, NBPTS only support linking to specific ATLAS cases. They do not support linking to a case group.
Can I create a link giving my students access to the full library of ATLAS cases?
Again, sorry, but no. With their ATLAS integration, NBPTS do not support linking to the full ATLAS case library. NBPTS only support linking to individual ATLAS cases, one case per link.
If I give my students the page I use to log in to ATLAS and manage case groups, will they be able to log in to ATLAS and view all the cases?
No, please do not give your students a link to the page you use to access the ATLAS system. That login method will not work for students. Students can only access ATLAS through individual case links created in D2L using the ATLAS external learning tool.