Improvements have been made to the Assignments list view
- When accessing Assignments, the list view now displays updated information. Previously instructors would see information on the assignment name, Total Submissions, Unread Submissions, Flagged Submissions, and Due Date. Now instructors see information on the assignment name, the number of learners who have completed the assignment, the number of learners who have been evaluated, the number of learners who have had feedback published, and the Due Date. This allows instructors to quickly determine what assignments they need to evaluate, how far along they are with their evaluations, and if they have published the evaluations.
- Learners also have an updated view of the assignments list, and are now able to see the assignment name, the Completion Status (Not Submitted, Submitted, Completed), their Score, The Evaluation Status (Not yet evaluated, Feedback: unread, Feedback: read), and the Due Date. This change to the list view allows learners to easily locate unfinished assignments, as well as access their scores and view instructor feedback on their work.
Assignment Grader App
- iOS and Android versions of the Assignment Grader application now support On paper, and Observed in person submission types. Instructors can evaluate all of their assignments using the application; including those that do not require a file or text submission.
- The new On paper and Observed in person submission types available in Assignments can now be created from the Groups tool.
- A specific error message now appears to users who click a quicklink to an activity that is outside the availability dates (not yet available or no longer available). The error message appears for the following unavailable activity types:
- Announcements items
- Calendar events
- Chat sessions (if the user is not part of a group chat)
- ePortfolio (for items that not shared to the user)
- External learning tools links
- Templates (that are not available in the current org unit)
- Groups (with expired self enrollment option)
- Intelligent Agent run history, previously only visible in the Learning Environment, can now be exported to a CSV file. The export can include all agents or a specific agent. It can also include runs made during a specified date range. This feature allows instructors to better track learners that are triggering Intelligent Agents.
To offer instructors a more streamlined approach to authoring rubric levels and criteria, this release introduces a new, opt-in rubric creation experience. Instructors will have the ability to opt-in to the new interface experience throughout the Spring 2019 semester. Beginning Summer 2019, instructors will no longer have the option as the old interface will be retired and the new experience will become the default.
Specifically, the Rubrics tool includes the following enhancements:
- Rubric creation has been changed to a single page workflow
- Rubric options for Properties and Levels and Criteria are now condensed into a single Edit option
- Quickly create and edit rubric levels and criteria inline using an auto-save experience
- Easily change rubric type and scoring method during rubric creation
- Re-order criterion via drag and drop or keyboard
- Improved logic for point-based rubrics, where new levels automatically follow existing point scoring sequences
- Individual criterion cells in custom point rubrics dynamically scale when editing the criterion out-of value
- Overall Score is visually separated from the rubric, displaying in its own section
IMPORTANT NOTICE: D2L will be switching to a new data center in May 2019. This will effect all D2L Brightspace users. Millersville users should anticipate an 8 hour window during which D2L will be unavailable at this time. This window will be scheduled overnight to limit the disruption to users. Specific dates and times will be communicated in the "Ville Daily.