In Cascade, a department's left-hand navigation can be ordered to organize by context, alphabetical, or even both.
To order the left-hand site navigation,
- Click on your department folder (e.g. bursar or Base Folder).
- This will show the folder's contents to the right of the asset directory.
- Click on the 'Order' heading at the top of the asset table to sort the assets by their order number (see screenshot).
- To move an asset:
- Left-click on the asset's order number and drag up (or down). Release the mouse button to drop the asset into place.
- Alternatively, click on one of the blue arrows underneath the 'Actions' heading to move the asset accordingly.
- Once you drop an asset into place, the navigation order will be updated. There is no undo for ordering.
- Typically, you will want the 'index' page as the first asset, this is the department's homepage.
- In order to update the new navigation order, you will need to publish the entire department folder. See publishing folders for more information.
Video Demonstration: Reordering the left-hand site navigation
Screenshot: Ordering options
- Hide or Show a page from the Left-Hand Site Navigation
- Creating a New Page
- Renaming a Page
- Publishing a Page
- Renaming a Folder
- Working with Pages Overview
Take me back to Cascade User's Guide