This page assumes you have already created the page or uploaded the file you are about to link to. If you have not, please see the following instructions:
Adding Links via the 'Insert Link' Window
Linking to a Page Inside of Cascade (Internal Link)
- Place your cursor at the point where you want to insert the link, or highlight the text that you want linked.
- Click the 'Insert Link' icon in the toolbar. The 'Insert Link' window will open.
- Click the 'Asset' icon to open a Cascade asset browser window.
- Navigate to and click the page or file you want to link to.
- Click the 'Confirm' button in the right-hand panel.
- If you want your link to open in a new window, choose 'New Window' in the 'Target' select box.
- If you want your link to display a short popup help tip, enter the desired text in the 'Title' text box.
- Click the 'Insert'.
Note: Internal linking requires 'Read' access to the page/file you would like to link to.
Screenshot: Creating a new internal link
Screenshot: Asset chooser window
Linking to a Page Outside Cascade (External Link)
Follow Steps 1 & 2 in the Internal Link instructions above, click the 'External' tab and enter the URL of the web page in the 'Link' field.
Screenshot: Creating a new external link
To ensure the link works properly, always include *http://\* (http://*) at the front of all external links.
Editing a Link
Follow the instructions above to insert a link, this will allow you to update the selected link.
Removing a Link
To remove a link using the 'Unlink Icon'
- Place your cursor within the link you want to remove, or highlight the linked text.
- Click the 'Unlink' icon in the toolbar.
You can also easily remove a link using the right-click context menu.
To remove a link using the right-click context menu
- Right-click the link you want to remove and choose 'Unlink' from the context menu.
- Inserting Images into Pages
- Uploading a File
- Working with Pages Overview
- Working with Files Overview
Take me back to Cascade User's Guide