This page assumes you have already created the page or uploaded the file you are about to link to. If you have not, please see the following instructions:
Adding Links via the 'Insert link' window:
Linking to a Page Inside of Cascade (Internal Link)
- Place your cursor at the point where you want to insert the link, or highlight the text that you want linked.
- Click the 'Insert Link' ( ) icon in the toolbar. The 'Insert link' window will open.
- Next to 'Link Source', choose 'Internal'
- Click the 'Choose File, Page, or Link' button to open the Cascade asset browser.
- Navigate to and select the radio button next to the page or file you want to link to.
- Click the 'Choose' button in the upper right.
- If you want your link to open in a new window, choose 'New Window' in the 'Target' select box.
- If you want your link to display a short popup help tip, enter the desired text in the 'Title' text box.
- Click the 'Ok' button.
Note: Internal linking requires 'Read' access to the page/file you would like to link to.
Screenshot: Creating a new internal link
Screenshot: Asset chooser window
Linking to a Page Outside Cascade (External Link)
Follow Steps 1 & 2 in the Internal Link instructions above, choose 'External' next to 'Link Source' and enter the URL of the web page in the 'Link' field.
To ensure the link works properly, always include *http://\* (http://*) at the front of all external links.
Screenshot: Creating a new external link
Editing a Link
Follow the instructions above to insert a link, this will allow you to update the selected link.
Removing a Link
- Place your cursor within the link you want to remove, or highlight the linked text.
- Click the 'Unlink' ( ) icon in the toolbar.
Take me back to Cascade User's Guide