Before inserting a shared content block, make sure you've created the shared content block first.
Inserting a shared content block requires 'Write' permission on the page you are editing.
To insert a shared content block,
- Edit the page you would like to include the shared content block within.
- Scroll to the shared content block section you will be inserting into
- If you are inserting a 'Navigation(Left) Block, this will be the 'Navigation Column'.
- If you are inserting a 'Right Block', this will be the 'Right Column'. Note: this section is only available to 3 Column Pages.
- Click on the '+ sign' next to a 'Shared Block' within the listing to add a new row.
- Click on the 'Page Icon'
to browse for the shared block you would like to insert.
- If you are inserting a 'Navigation(Left) Block, this will be the _cms/shared blocks/Nav Column folder.
- If you are inserting a 'Right Block, this will be the _cms/shared blocks/Right Column folder.
- Click on the shared block in the left-hand asset listing.
- Click 'Confirm' in the right-hand pane to include the shared content block and return to the page edit screen.
- Click the 'Submit' button at the bottom.
Video Demonstration: Inserting a shared block within a page
Screenshot: Navigation column shared content blocks section
Screenshot: Right column shared content blocks section
Take me back to Cascade User's Guide