To create a shared content block:
- Click on the 'Add Content' button in main navigation bar (to the right of the Cascade logo).
- Open the 'Shared Content Blocks' folder in the menu to see your available content block types.
- Select the shared content block type you would like to create.
- Enter a title for your shared content block.
- Enter content for your shared content block by filling out any applicable fields.
- By default, Cascade will add the shared content block to the _cms/shared-blocks folder, followed by the folder corresponding to the type you've chosen (i.e. accordion, contact).
- Click the 'Save & Preview' button at the top of the dialog.
- Once you have ensured that the content is correct in the preview, click the 'Submit' button above the preview frame. The preview shown here will not necessarily be a reflection of how the shared block will look on your page. To see a more accurate preview of the shared block, preview a page which contains the block.
- Shared content blocks are published by publishing the page(s) where the content block appears.
Screenshot: Location of the shared content blocks folder
Demo: Creating a new shared content block
Take me back to Cascade User's Guide