To create a shared content block,
- Click on the 'New' button in Cascade navigation (under the Cascade Server logo).
- Hover into your 'Department Folder' (you will see a list of assets: 2 Column Page, 3 Column Page, Folder, File, etc...).
- Click on the shared content block type you would like to create, 'Left Block*' or 'Right Block*'.
- Enter a title for your shared content block.
- Enter content for your shared content block.
- By default, Cascade will add the shared content block to the _cms/shared blocks folder, followed by the folder corresponding to the type you've chosen (i.e. Nav Column, Right Column).
- Click the 'Submit' button at the bottom.
A navigation and right column shared content block function in the same way, however, the navigation block has an additional field to insert an image above the block's content. The two types of content blocks are also styled differently.
Video Demonstration: Creating a new shared block
Screenshot: Folder location of shared content blocks
Screenshot: Creating a new shared content block from the New Menu
Take me back to Cascade User's Guide