To create a folder:
- In the main navigation at the top of the page, select 'Add Content'.
- You should now see several options display in a drop-down: 'Shared Content Blocks', 'File - Document', etc.
- Select the 'Folder' option.
- You should now see a screen with various text fields and display options for your page.
- Enter a 'Folder Name' for your page.
- Your folder name should follow the following naming conventions:
- Lowercase letters only
- Word separated by hyphens, not spaces or other special characters
- No leading or trailing spaces
- By default, Cascade will set the placement folder to the folder you are currently browsing. If you need to move the new page to a different folder, you can edit the 'Placement Folder'. See instructions on moving a folder.
- When you have finished adding your content, click the 'Submit' button at the top of the dialog.
- In order for the contents of your folder to display in the navigation, it must have an 'index' page, which serves as the homepage for the folder.
- The Folder Name field is like a file name and will appear in the URL when users navigate into the folder. Try to keep this field as short as possible (15 characters or less) and avoid using capital letters and spaces.
Screenshot: Create a new folder from the Add Content menu
Take me back to Cascade User's Guide